What is EAP?
EAP as an innovative component for workplace health promotion
Employees contribute significantly to a company’s success. Many personal and operational factors as well as external influences such as the current uncertain economic climate create can lead to insecurity and put too much psychological stress on individuals. Employees who bring their private problems to their workplace or have problems with colleagues or supervisors do not perform as well as they could. Companies have to bear the costs of this underperformance. EAP has a proven track record in helping in all of these cases!
EAP (Employee Assistance Program) is versatile service for businesses that are committed to company-wide health promotion and strive to increase their employees’ work performance.
EAP goes beyond workplace health promotion and complements it efficiently. Mental health is the foundation for positive and effective work.
We provide personal support for employees in life-specific situations – anonymously and freely.
Our EAP services are
- Preventative: EAP intervenes long before conflicts arise that lead to work overloads or mental stress and costs incurred by work absences.
- Supportive and meaning-oriented: Quick and competent support and therefore immediate relief for employees seeking advice. We develop the most sensible solution for the respective company and its employees.
- Systemic: All employees’ family members who live in the same household can use these counselling services as well.
- Absolutely confidential: EAP is far more accepted than similar in-house counsellors because employers will never know if and for which issues employees use this counselling sessions.
- Sustainable: Due to our qualitative service areas, businesses get an overview of the provided services and therefore can identify deficiencies more quickly and take countermeasures.
- Easy to calculate: All costs for coaching and counselling services are covered with a monthly flat fee per employee. This ensures cost certainty.
EAP IN A NUTSHELL
A solid balance…
…between professional and private life as well as a healthy lifestyle are hard to achieve for many people. TÜV Austria supports its employees with EAP services. In this video Cornelia Martens, managing director of the EAP Institute, answers many questions regarding EAP – the Employee Assistance Program.
As soon as an employer signs a contract with the EAP Institute, his/her employees can make use of all consulting and support services for free.
Benefits of EAP
- Committed and healthy employees
who are motivated to contribute to the company’s success because they know that their responsibilities within the company have meaning.
- Cost reduction
EAP has been established in the USA years ago. In Europe, Great Britain and Germany have years of experience with EAP. 85% of the 500 top US companies provide EAP services for their employees, which have shown to reduce health-related expenses by 33%.
- Decreasing sickness rates
A study of the Confederation of British Industry showed that businesses offering EAP services reported an average of 2.6 sick days less per employee and year than businesses without EAP.
- Effective tool against burnouts and stress
The WHO assessed EAP and concluded that EAP should be used in the EU as an efficient measure against consistently increasing stress levels at work. (Gaston Harnois, WHO 2009)
- Easily calculable costs for businesses
as well as an ROI (return on investment) of at least 1:3.
EAP’s fields of expertise
- Personal counselling on professional issues
- Personal counselling on private issues
- Conflict management and conflict counselling
- Burnout counselling
- Coaching for executives
- Research on factual issues
- Psychosocial phone helpline
- Counselling hours at our clients’ businesses
- Crisis intervention
- Counselling for family members of employees and executives
All counselling services are confidential and anonymous.
have academic or corresponding training. They are
- Management consultants
- Certified life and social consultants
We will gladly send you an offer that meets your individual requirements.